This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site motional.io. For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act we are the data controller.
When you use our site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Steps Along the Way routinely collects three different categories of data:
- Participant assessment data
- Personal contact details of Participants Parent, Guardian or next of Kin, teaching staff and care givers
- Enquiries to our site via the contact form
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
From every visit you make to our site, we may automatically collect the following:
- Your first and last name, email and/or postal address, telephone number or other information you provide when you fill out a contact form on the Site
- Your IP address
- Your Internet Service provider (“ISP”)
- Any referring or exit pages taking you to or from our site
- Your login information
- Your web browser type and version
- Your time zone & location
- Date/time stamp
- Clickstream data
- Any browser plug-ins and versions used on your browser
- Your operating system
- Your platform / device details
- Information we collect when you interact with our content on the Site or on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- send you our newsletters from time to time.
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most optimised and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
- control unauthorized use or abuse of the Site and our products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service
- deliver customer service and respond to your inquiries
- administer our site including data analysis, testing, traffic monitoring, research, statistical and survey purposes
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data. You can also contact us directly by emailing email@example.com
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located on the Cloud in London using SSL encryption. We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY SITES
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION (Notice to UK Users)
You have the right under the UK Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
STORAGE AND SECURITY
No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means such as firewalls, password-protected databases with limited physical or electronic access, and encryption to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our systems are based in the United States and the United Kingdom and personal data should not be transferred to any other third party country.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you would like to know more about how your personally identifiable information is collected, or used please contact us. We ask that when you contact us with a complaint, please include contact information and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your request or complaint within a reasonable time and will let you know next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
NOTICES AND REVISIONS