Once a Participant has been created it’s easy to view and edit their details. If you’re looking to view a completed Snapshot or Program for the Participant, you’ll find these within the specific Snapshots and Programs pages.
From the green navigation bar at the top of the page, click Participants. This will take you to the Participants page where you can view existing Participants, edit a Participant and create a new Participant. There are also quick links from this page for starting a New Snapshot and viewing a Participant report.
Viewing existing Participants
The table on the Participants page lists all the Participants that have been created within your team, by you or any other user within your Team. You can see a summary of the Participant’s details at a glance within this screen:
- First and last name
- ACE score
- Date of Birth
- Year group
- When their latest snapshot was (this will be blank if a Snapshot hasn’t been completed for them yet)
You will also find quick links for Edit Participant, New Snapshot and View Report.
Sorting the Participants list
You can sort the Participant list by clicking on the header of each column. For instance, if you want to sort by Year group, simply click on the ‘Year’ header. You might want to quickly see who has most recently had a Snapshot completed, or who has never had a Snapshot completed, and this can be done by clicking on the ‘Latest Snapshot’ header.
Searching for an existing Participant
If you want to find an existing Participant, or what to check whether this Participant exists before you create a new Participant, you can do this using the search box at the top right of the Participants table.
Simply click within the box and start typing their name (first name or last name) and the super speedy search function will show you any Participants matching what you have typed!
Viewing and editing the Participant Profile
You can view and edit the details that were entered for the Participant when they were created by clicking on the Edit Participant link on the right hand side of their record in the table.
Here’s a few reminders about the fields within this form and what they are used for:
- Team: The majority of users will only be assigned to one Team and this will be the only available option in the Team drop-down. If you do happen to be assigned to more than one Team, make sure you are working within the correct Team and it is already selected here.
- First Name, Last Name & Gender: These should all be self explanatory! But it’s worth checking that full names are being used, correctly spelt, to reduce the chance of accidental duplications.
- Email: The email address field within this form is optional. We’re thinking of future plans here where they may be an option for older students to log in themselves. You can either fill this in now in case it’s needed later or, of course, you can leave it blank and deal with this at a later date.
- DOB: This field isn’t forced, but we strongly recommend that you fill this in as it helps in identifying the child or young person (in cases where there may be more than one child with the same name) and it is also used to work out which year group they are in. If you do choose to leave this blank, please be aware that some of the sorting facility within the Participants and Reporting functions will not work.
- Participant types: This section of the form links to the advanced reporting option, which allows you to easily create reports for specified groups. We’ve added the main tags which we think users might need, but if there are any missing here please let us know and we can add them in a few clicks!
- UPN: This field isn’t compulsory but it does help a lot in avoiding duplicates and also in updating your Participant records when it comes to the new academic year or other automatic updates.
- ACE Score: Again, not compulsory but if you do choose to record this you will then be able to sort your Participant list by ACE score to help to identify where support may be required.
- Protective Factors Score: At the moment Motional doesn’t do anything with Protective Factor scores but this may help you to reflect on the most important consideration here: is there an emotionally available adult in the child or young person’s life?
- Save Changes: Don’t forget to click the button at the bottom right of this form to save any changes you have made for the Participant.